- 1 cup long grain rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
Combine the rice, chicken broth, salt and ground cumin in a large saucepan or skillet. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cover with lid then reduce heat to medium-low. Let simmer 20 minutes.
Remove from heat, but keep lid on. Let stand with lid on for 10 minutes. Remove lid and add in lime juice, zest and chopped cilantro. Fluff with a fork and serve warm!
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- ½ cup chicken broth or water
- ½ lb (225 g) fresh asparagus (the spears should be cut at a diagonal in 1 and 2 inch pieces)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili flakes
On a plastic board, cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper.
In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes or until it is cooked though. Don’t forget to stir well. Set chicken aside.
In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth. Cook for about 7-10minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes. Season with salt, pepper and red chili flakes.
• 2 handfuls spinach or kale
• 1 lemon, peeled an seeded
• 1⁄4 cup pineapple
• 1 golden delicious apple, cubed
• 1 coin size slice of ginger
• 1⁄2 scoop grass fed or hemp protein powder
• 4 cubes ice
* If more sweetness is desired, add a little honey.
Process greens first with a little water until smooth. Add the rest of the ingredients and enjoy.
• 4-5 cups baby carrots
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 4 cloves (2 teaspoons) minced garlic
• 3 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
• 1 to 2 Tablespoons panko bread crumbs, optional
• 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, more to taste
• Chopped parsley, optional
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Place the olive oil, garlic, Parmesan, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a large zip top bag. Add the carrots and shake until they are well coated. Then spread out onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until tender. Toss with a spatula half way through.
Remove from oven and serve immediately. Top with fresh parsley if desired.
• 1 pound mushrooms (white or cremini), sliced thinly
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (omit butter for vegan version)
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 5 green onions, chopped
• 5 to 10 ounces fresh spinach (to taste)
• 2 cups cooked quinoa
• 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
Heat butter and olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and garlic and sauté over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes until mushrooms get soft and acquire a nice, golden-brown color. Add chopped green onions and mix.
Season with salt.
Add fresh spinach to the skillet, reduce heat to low, cover the skillet with the lid and let mushrooms and spinach cook for about 1 minute or less, just until spinach begins to wilt.
Add 2 cups of cooked quinoa to the skillet and cook on low heat for another minute until spinach wilts even more and quinoa warms up. Season with salt, if needed. Add another tablespoon of olive oil, if desired.